- We can use constants for z-indexes to prevent the endless desire of devs to make them higher forever. z-index: @z-modal > z-index: 999999999
- Separate .less files for each UI widget makes for awesome code organization. This is HUGE!
- Makes CSS3 browser prefixes a little more manageable.
- Using variables for color names makes it a lot easier to make sure you're on the same page with a designer.
- CSS code re-use FTW!
- Mixins are okay.
NOT-SO AWESOME BITS
- Weird issue with using the @arguments variable where there are commas. (See: https://github.com/cloudhead/less.js/issues/301)
- connect-less initially had some trouble including files with includes inside them, but I think it's fixed now.
- It would be really nice to be able to just include a full directory instead of manually including all x number of files (within the widgets directory for example) manually.
- LESS doesn't encouraged any specific structure or good patterns, which is fine, but you sometimes get really excited about using the nesting feature, because it seems so convenient and clean, but it can actually can make your code less re-usable if you don't do it right.